We will keep this page updated with the latest COVID19 information as it relates to Pokeno School.
Click on the link below for further information about what each level looks like for Pokeno School learners and our learning community.
Sunday 28 February 2021
Kia Ora Pokeno School Whanau.
As at 6:00am this morning Auckland (which includes Pokeno) is at Alert Level 3 for seven days.
ALERT LEVEL THREE AT POKENO SCHOOL
School is open only for children of PARENTS WHO ARE REQUIRED TO GO TO WORK. Students should NOT attend if there is an adult at home.
Children should also not attend if:
● They are required to self isolate or someone in your household is required to self isolate;
● Someone in your household is awaiting results of a COVID19 test;
● They are unwell or have cold/flu like symptoms.
● They have underlying health issues which puts them at greater risk (please consult your GP).
Please click the link to inform us if your child needs to attend school next week. Attendance at school during Level Three
● Children required to attend will be placed into a classroom ‘Bubble’ of no more than 20 children.
● Parents should drop off and pick up at the classroom.
● Parents / Caregivers are NOT to enter classrooms.
● Visitors to the office should wait at the door for someone to help them.
● Children MUST bring drink bottles. Drinking fountains will be closed.
● The playground is closed.
● A ‘Learning from Home’ page will be available on the school website on Monday morning.
We ask that all visitors (including parents) to the school, scan the QR Code.
Stay Safe - Pokeno School
Monday 22 September 2021
As at 11:59pm tonight we will be returning to Alert Level 1.
It is important that we continue good hygiene practices such as washing our hands and coughing and sneezing into our elbow. Please remember that if children are unwell or have cold/flu like symptoms they must be kept at home.
We strongly recommend that children continue to bring their own drink bottle.
If you are coming into the school grounds please continue to scan the QR code on your way in.
Thank you all for your support and patience through this last round of Alert Level changes.
Wednesday 17 February 2021 (5:15pm)
As you are all probably aware we will be moving to Alert Level 2 from midnight tonight. At Level 2 it is expected that all children will return to school with the following exceptions:
Children should not attend if:
- They are required to self isolate or someone in your household is required to self isolate;
- Someone in your household is awaiting results of a COVID19 test;
- They are unwell or have cold/flu like symptoms;
- They have underlying health issues which puts them at greater risk (please consult your GP).
- Where possible parents should drop off and pick up at gates;
- Parents / Caregivers are NOT to enter classrooms;
- Only one family at a time in the office;
- Year Seven and Eight children due to attend Tech tomorrow will be going;
- Children MUST bring drink bottles. Drinking fountains will be closed;
- We ask that all visitors (including parents) to the school scan the QR Code.
We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Wednesday 17 February 2021
We would like to thank and acknowledge our community for supporting this latest Alert Level Three lockdown and keeping your children at home. We have had a very small number of children at school whose families have been required to go to work.
As we wait for an announcement at 4:30pm today, we thought we would provide some information about what school 'looks like' at each of the levels. Hopefully this will help everyone understand what we can and can't do.
We will send out another communication through our HERO App, the website and Facebook after the Prime Ministers announcement.